Friday, April 22, 2005

Tori Amos

Have you heard the new Tori Amos CD (The Beekeeper)? It is really great (in my humble opinion). It is conceptual, and she has used a beekeeper as a metaphor for someone who I suppose communes with nature, and she explains that the beekeeper has been around for many centuries. The music is divided into 6 gardens, each with a theme, although to be honest, her lyrics are very ephemeral and hard to decipher, and are more a feeling, than maybe any telegraphed meaning. I just like her playing and her voice. Her music is pretty stripped down and melodic. She lives in Cornwall, near the sea, and it seems that she is inspired by that.She is either just coming or has been to Philadelphia, and the show is sold out, so even if I wanted to go see her, I could not. I don't know how she would translate to a large hall or arena, as I think of her music as being very personal.
Tori Amos Posted by Hello

No comments: